With 2016 coming to a close (another amazing year but looking forward to that clean-slate-fresh-feeling a New Year brings) -- 2017 marks Canada's 150th birthday! To celebrate, Parks Canada is offering FREE (!!!!!) Discovery Passes for the entire year to 171 national parks, historic sites, and marine conservation areas across the country.
The pass is valid starting January 1, 2017 (meep) so I finally got around to ordering it the other day. A few of my friends hadn't heard that you could do this so I wanted to make sure that I shared the wealth!
They've made it SO EASY to register online and they'll send the pass directly to your house.
(Hot Tip: you only need one per car!)
My family and I explored Banff National Park this past summer while my sister worked at the Banff Centre so I'm stoked to hit as many as possible (all of the photos are from that trip...I'll try to do a full post on the Banff fam jam adventures soon!)
On my list to try and explore during the year (and hopefully MORE):
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Nova Scotia)
- Grasslands National Park (Saskatchewan) - one of the world's largest dark-sky preserves!
- Auyuittuq National Park would be incredible (if I ever make it out to Nunavut..)
- Prince Edward Island National Park (PEI) - sand dunes and beaches!
- Jasper & Pacific Rim National Parks (British Columbia) - can never get enough of the west coast