My sister Grace and I watched the Netflix revival series, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, with our friends Jess + Jane (they were destined to be roomies with a symmetrical alliteration like that).
They hosted the cutest little Gilmore Girls themed viewing party that I had to share some of the sweet photos from the cozy night.
We dined on Luke's Burgers (it was a nice night so Jess BBQ'd on their back deck), fries, and an assortment of candy/chips (Rory and Lorelai would never eat fruit but we thought we'd shake it up a little).
To drink, we had coffee in Luke's mugs (it was a long night) and of course: The Rory! (Remember the cocktail Emily made for Rory's 21st birthday?) We replicated this online recipe and they were SOO GOOD. They didn't taste "too pink" or like "my little pony" as the show depicted. The flamingo straws were our own addition because welp, why not?
I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen the show yet but here are a few of my generic thoughts (some baby spoilers but nothing significant):
- The third episode was my least favourite (that play went on WAY TOO LONG...I hated it haha)
- Rory's acting seemed rusty but still loveable
- Logan is RIPPED
- Characters I was hoping to see at some point but never did: Madeline & Louise, Max Medina
- Jess looking through the window... *le sigh*
- I loved what they did with Emily's storyline (her with the wine..on the bench..looking at the moon = all of the yes)
- On the finale: I really liked it! Thought it was the perfect way to end it
ps. Huffington Post published a personal piece of mine about the series that you can read here:
Long Live Rory Gilmore: An Ode to my First Feminist Role Model