My sisters and I had a great time visiting our friend Jess at her new Toronto digs last week. We cracked open some white wine and she taught us how to make homemade sushi!
Jess picked up some yummy fresh tuna and salmon at the St. Lawrence Market on her lunch break and we brought cucumber, avocado and carrots. She already had the sticky rice, nori (dried seaweed sheets), ginger, soy sauce and rolling mats.
I was surprised at how easy it was to make and how delicious they turned out! It was a hot night so we left the door to her big balcony open for a breeze and sat around (Japanese style) on the floor chopping veggies, sipping vino and catching up.
- sticky sushi rice
- nori (dried seaweed)
- fresh tuna and/or salmon
- chopped veggies (cucumber, avocado, carrots)
- pickled ginger & wasabi
- rolling mat (or you can use a washcloth) + plastic wrap
- toasted sesame seeds if you want to be fancy (optional)
- WINE - for sipping while you work ;)
- Cook rice
- Chop all veggies & fish into long strips