I haven't had the chance to virtually gush about this yet, but I am over the (super harvest) moon to be apart of Normale Magazine; an independent arts & lifestyle magazine based out of Toronto. I just can't say enough good things about this publication and the creative brains behind it.
Not only do they have a gorgeous, clean, modern aesthetic (Kinfolk-y vibe) but their content is fresh, smart, and inspiring.
Issue 01 just launched and it is chalk full of delicious words, interviews, photographs, and illustrations.
Side note: I marvelled at the paper quality for a solid five minutes when I first got my hands on a hard copy.
I truly mean it when I say that I feel honoured & humbled to have my words / photos associated with such a neat manifesto. I love what Normale stands for and the insanely talented women who fuel it. It's nice to have found a space where I feel uninhibited enough (even encouraged) to explore every creative corner of my mind.
I also really want to thank Alex McGill, bonafide babe & creative creature that she is, for giving me the opportunity to be apart of this. I still remember chatting over coffee and a lovely long walk through Harvard Yard about the craft of creating and finding supportive spaces that inspire (among other things). It always feels slightly like magic when it all comes to fruition.
With that in mind, and as Normale's Website & Blog Editor, I thought who better to explain succinctly (and much better than I) exactly what it's all about:
A Word from Alex
As a woman in a creative field who has always been surrounded by amazing, inspiring women, the concept behind Normale felt really close to my heart. An independent publication that truly celebrates all of the incredible women in the arts is such an important platform, and everyone on our team is so dedicated and curious. Normale really feels like a community, and that's very much what we're trying to build and showcase.
- Alex McGill
The Lou-Down on Normale
- The magazine is currently sold at THESE locations. You can also purchase it online HERE.
- Normale's online home recently launched at www.normalemagazine.com. If you're looking for something new to bookmark, this one's a goodie (honest!)
- Instagram: @normalemagazine
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/normalemagazine
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/normalemagazine
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/normalemagazine
- Wandering Free: Self-Discovery through a Summer of Adventure (short essay / travel photo series)
- Mastering the Melody: Interview with Martha Meredith of For Esmé (music interview / portrait photos)