Discover 5 places to celebrate Independent Bookstore Day across CanadaRead More
SEPTEMBER is the sneakiest month, but also my favourite (and not just because it's my birthday...which I actually don't like that much because it makes me feel ancient and anxious, ha!).
I LOVED SCHOOL (I've grown more comfortable with how lame that statement sounds in my old age), and September will forever signal the return of books and bouquets of sharpened pencils (*s/o Tom Hanks*).
The summer was a busy one (in the best way), but I'm looking forward to the routine that fall brings.
So to kick-start the change of seasons, here are a few of the things on my FALL BUCKET LIST (let me know if you've got any goodies to add) and some songs I'm listening to as of late :
FALL BUCKET LIST
- Backcountry Camping in Algonquin
- See a TIFF movie (Cardinals)
- Finish reading: Beartown (re-read: The White Album by Joan Didion)
- Pack on winter weight via take-out orders of spicy green curry from PAI
- ORGANIZE all of my photo files into folders onto back-up hard drives (I keep putting this off...)
- DEVELOP some of said ^ photos into hard copies and put into a photo album
- Check out the new brewery that just opened in my neighbourhood: Northern Maverick Brewing Co.
- BE SELFISH with my time and focus on getting a publishing deal (HA! now that I've written it down...should be EZ right?)
- Re-watch YOU'VE GOT MAIL ('tis tradition)
- Indulge in more self-care nights (incl. bath + mud mask + coconut oil in hair) and treat me-self to a facial at Province Apothecary
- California Soul - Marlena Shaw
- Feel it Still - Portugal. The Man
- Shoulder to Lean On - October London
- Lay it on Me - Vance Joy
- WoolyAftrn - t r u m a n
- Say My Name - Tove Styrke
- Days in the Sun - Ziggy Alberts
- New York - St. Vincent
- California - The Lagoons
- Wolves and the Water - Edward R.